Tuesday 3 July 2012

Life takes over sometimes...

I would love to tell you all that the reason I have gone quiet over the past few days is down to serious writing.  Unfortunately, it's not the case.  I have been working really hard on cracking the swim team accounts (I volunteer...why oh why?) and finally I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Sometimes I seriously think I need to get my head examined.  I have not worked so hard on something in ages!  Bare in mind writing is not work, it's my passion.  Number cracking is in a league of its own...

Anyway, I have been amazed at the fact that my book sales have picked up, even though I have not been as active on social media sites.  Whoever you are, thank you so much for buying my book.  You are seriously giving me a reason to smile...

Tomorrow I have two spanish students coming to stay with us for 3 weeks so I might go quiet again, or I might blog about the experience... hee hee.  They will be seriously gloating after the Football European Cup win - fantastic result for Spain (4-2 against Italy for anyone not in the know).  Not that I am into football, but even I can't ignore the result.  World domination...

It's also nearly the end of the school year (where has this one gone?) so soon I will no longer have snippets of free time during the day... boo hoo.  So, I will only be able to write at night.  How does anyone that works full time do this?

I am looking forward to the Writers Weekend in York (England) in September.  A whole weekend (with no kids) devoted to learning about the world of writing, meeting agents and publishers...so cool!  I will blog about it later on...

In addition, I have a free day booked for Hybrid this Friday... so I will  remind you all on Thursday and will be very grateful for tweets, or anything else you fancy doing to help. Let's see how many downloads I can get in a day... I will also be promoting my twitter friend Liz Long - again watch this space. Although, I will add the link to her book already on my blog... so please have a look.

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment and let me know about your hectic lives!

Vanessa :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment