Wednesday 20 August 2014

FIRST DATE is FREE

At the end of 2012 I started writing a short story for one of the anthologies I was doing and it got so long I decided to publish it separately.

FIRST DATE is an adaptation of my real first date... most of it (apart from the end) is more or less what happened. I have changed the names around of course.

I have had some great reviews for it, but I find that selling short stories is not an easy task. There are so many other collections out there!

To make it a more worthwhile read, I have added three short stories from other anthologies I have published.

At the moment, it is FREE for 3 days and then I will remove it from KDP and also publish it on smashwords to give it a wider audience.

So, this might be your last chance to get it FREE before it reverts to a whopping 77p or $0.99!

So please, enjoy and share with friends.

Have a great day,
Vanessa

Click on the link for Amazon Worldwide

=> FIRST DATE (Love & Regrets) <=

Lose yourself in a collection reminiscing on first love, regret, and passion. In little bite size treats...

In FIRST DATE, when Alice gets invited to a ball on Christmas Day she is bowled over. No-one had ever asked her out on a date before, let alone invited her to a ball. However, the bubble bursts too soon. It turns out she is filling in for an ex-girlfriend. Even so, she puts on a brave face and heads for the ball. She can have a good time even if it does not lead to love. A ball is still a ball after...

In CARELESS CUPID, a mission becomes harder than expected... you are not supposed to fall in love with the person you are trying to help.

In THE ENGAGEMENT PARTY, Rachel might get a lot more than she expected on her big day. A stranger from the past flushes out feelings she had put aside. A lost love is hard to forget...

In PRECIOUS, different generations appreciate the timeless value of a book.

FIVE STAR REVIEWS:

"... easily devoured in a single sitting."

"It is young love so fresh & new with all the trappings of heartache & embarrassment that can go with it." 

"This is Chick-Lit with a twist, and a squeeze of class. The style is comfortable, fluid and at ease with itself." 

"...delightful shorts, each approaching love from a different angle. The first reminds us all of how tumultuous young love or "infatuation" can be, never knowing how your heart truly feels until it's forced to decide. The second was my favorite because it threw a bit of otherworldly interest into the mix. I loved the idea of a cupid sent from above to help us out. And the final short reminds us that what once was can never be again. This book was a great way to spend some down time without having to get embroiled in complicated subplots and character analysis. Easy beach or before bed read!"

1 comment:

  1. Ah Vanessa, I'm up to my eyeballs in academic papers at the moment. In the last few days I've read and summarised sixteen of the pesky things. I'm longing for the day I can just sit and read a good book for hours. It's taken me two months to read The Book Thief (worth every page though). Normally, it would take me a week max! Good luck with the change to Smashwords. I'll read your short stories one of these days, but sadly, my dissertation is dictating my reading at the moment, so reading for pleasure is an occasional snatched delight!

    ReplyDelete