Friday 15 August 2014

Cowes Week 2014


Another Cowes week has gone by and it feels strange to think that summer is a few weeks from coming to a close. For those of you who have not heard of Cowes week, it is a week when tons of sailors and their yachts descend on Cowes for a jolly good show! CLICK here for more

Since I do not sail it is a bit wasted on me, but the atmosphere is great and there are lots of people sat on the green watching... what exactly I never know, but I assume it is the racing (if you can see or understand what is going on!)

The best fun is to be had on the streets during the day as a range of musicians busk and entertain the masses!

This year they also had a big wheel which gave amazing views of Cowes.

Northwood House
In the evening, bands come out in force and its brilliant (one day I'll go out every night... babysitter needed!)

The weather on the Isle of Wight has been fantastic over July, BUT last week it was not great... and this week it has been even worse. I think I have gone swimming in the sea twice so far, which is pathetic!

Anyway, at least the red arrows managed to make an appearance even though it poured the whole day... I was glad we live walking distance away and only went out at the last moment.

I felt so sorry for the families with children that had been out in the rain for 8 hours just so that they could get a parking spot!


Anyway, the kids will be back at school soon, the routine will return and I will be able to get some writing done... maybe?


Enjoy the pictures & enjoy the rest of the summer.

Vanessa :0) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment