Thursday 1 November 2012

November is a BIG month!

Today I have been very busy in the kitchen... I love to cook.  I find it de-stressing - I know, I’m a bit weird like that...lol.  I made spinach & ricotta cannelloni for later and helped my kids cook… son made hamburgers, daughter cod fishcakes.  Why am I telling you this?  I don’t really know…I'll get to the point.

On the 16th November the last instalment of the Twilight saga will be released, Breaking Dawn, Part Two.

Now, I have to admit that even though I was (my obsession has lulled now…phew) a massive fan of the Twilight books, I have not been that impressed with the films.  I love all the soundtracks – they are amazing!  Nevertheless, I will be going to watch it to complete the journey, I do actually think that based on the plot and the special effects they might be able to pull off it could be the best one yet.  You never know…

As I have mentioned in the past, the reason I started to write a novel was because I was inspired by an interview of Stephanie Meyer (on the first Twilight movie).  She explained how she got the “Twilight” idea via a dream and because she was at home looking after her boys decided to put thought to paper.

Over the years I also came up with many ideas which I jotted down on the computer.  However, most of them evaporated because I never saw them as anything other than dreams or silly notions.  When I saw that interview a switch flicked in my brain.  I had permission to write – I was not being silly if I wrote.  Lots of people write, why not me?  Might I add at this point that I used to write all the time as a child and then teenager, but as with many other things, I lost confidence and became convinced I was no good.  I still think this but I’m glad a lot of people seem to disagree…lol.

My youngest daughter was a year old when I devoured the Twilight Saga.  I had time on my hands so I wrote my first novel, a chick flick type thing.  I bravely posted excerpts on Bookise and gave samples to a friend (Kay you are the best!).  And to my shock and surprise she actually liked it!  So, I shared with another friend (Kathyrn – another star) and she also liked it.  I had a lot to learn though… it took another year before I joined The Word Cloud and learnt about critique, prose, and the right things to do!

After another year of polishing I had finished HYBRID (although it morphed a lot over time…) and decided to publish.  I did try a few agents, and after getting what I call some “positive rejections,” I decided it was ready.  Then as you can read on this blog the journey began in earnest.

So, here we are…after two and a half years, the second book in the Trilogy is ready!  I don’t know what the right way to publish is yet, I am still learning.  All I can do is tell you all about it and hope you want to know...lol

“COMPLICATIONS” will be published on the 16TH NOVEMBER on AMAZON…as a tribute to Twilight (the reason my writing journey started…) 

IT IS NOW PUBLISHED ON SMASHWORDS

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/248786

I hope you will take a look...


I have created a blog solely for The Evolution Trilogy...

http://theevolutiontrilogy.blogspot.co.uk/

...where I have posted the "teaser" for Complications

Thanks for reading
Vanessa :) xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Impressed! By the hard work and dedication, more by the Maths and swimming. You are another of those 'I don't know how she does it writers! I didn't really get going until my daughter was 14, and able to get herself to and from school.

    ReplyDelete