Sunday 25 November 2012

FIRST DATE


I have to be honest, I found being a teenager hard work.  Growing up in a place like Gibraltar, I always felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb.  A redhead in a hot climate surrounded by tanned brunettes...hmmm.  I found it particularly amusing when I got burnt and resembled a lobster - not my best look!

However, if there are a few thing us Gibraltarians do well they are...food (we mix the best of Spanish, Morrocan & Englaish cuisine together) & dancing!  Gibraltar has won many dance competitions in the past and I have to say that the love of music and dance remains with me for life.

So, it is on the topic of dance that we get to my story.  Gibraltar always used to organise the best Christmas and New Years Balls.  It was fantastic to get dolled up and to feel like an adult.  I had been to a Ball/ Dance before the one in this story, but always with friends.  This was the first time I was asked on a date.

I did have a fantastic time, and am very grateful for having been invited.  I was a very innocent teenager.

So, I hope you get the chance to check out my short story...FIRST DATE.  I have used my creative licence to amend the story to what I would have liked to have happened - hey, I am a writer after all...lol

Enjoy
Vanessa :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment