Friday 30 December 2016

Happy New Year

To all my family and friends...

All the best for 2017!

Hope 2017 is full of unexpected surprises and smiles.

2016 has flown by for us again and I have to say that my life has changed a lot. 

I seem to have lost my "stay-at-home" mum status by going back to "work"... not sure how I feel about that now?!

As a mum, I have never stopped working. And becoming a writer there never seemed to be a time when I actually switched off. However, going back to teaching means I have set hours I have to be somewhere, and I have a lot of planning to do in the background.

Structure in life is helpful. Also, being in a "role" give you a sense of belonging. But, for all the writers out there... your work is brilliant and at times totally unappreciated - just like being a mum!

So, let's all keep our heads held high in whatever we are doing and take pride in what we achieve.

I hope anyone reading this keeps in touch and sends me books that I must read. I will find the time!

All the best,
Vanessa






No comments:

Post a Comment