Friday 5 September 2014

FIRST DATE is now FREE

When a book does not sell you can do one of two things (in my humble opinion)... despair and pull your hair out OR make it FREE.

Think happy thoughts... sales DO NOT MATTER! 
After, pulling far too much hair out for too long I have decided to go for option two!

My novelette FIRST DATE has great reviews, but it just did not sell. After I ran a free promotion I did get some sales but then they vanished into thin air.

I added three short stories to make it a bigger collection and still that did not do the job. Ultimately, it was only priced at 77 p so any sales were frankly silly money! This is why it is logical to give it away. I want readers to enjoy my story.

For those of you who want to know how I did this, basically you make it free with another distributor (in my case smashwords) and then Amazon price match it! Smashwords distribute to other retailers so I get more exposure... win-win! Maybe?

Since HYBRID has gone FREE permanently, I see regular sales of COMPLICATIONS, RETURN, and the BOXSET. I have readers! YAY! I have had amazing feedback (and some not so great... let's not talk about that too much).

Anyway, to celebrate I have designed a brand new cover with Gibraltar in the backdrop (yes... that is Morocco in the distance! I took this picture whilst on the cable car). After all, FIRST DATE is set there... it is based on my real date when I was an innocent teenager!


I would love to know what you think of this new cover... and if you read my little collection please leave me feedback!

Thanks so much and have a great weekend! :)

Vanessa :) xx

AMAZON - FOR KINDLE OR KINDLE ENABLED DEVICE
SMASHWORDS - FOR ANY DEVICE
BARNES & NOBLE - FOR NOOK (The two reviews on here were given to me before I updated and tweaked the stories - I do listen to negative feedback and took on board the comments!)
ITUNES - FOR IPAD

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this cover!!! Similar to our coastal areas in Maine :) ~Deb B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My books don't sell millions, but all of them eventually sell at some point. Ebooks are forever so I just leave mine up for sale and start working on the next one. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cover very much,BEST OF LUCK
    https://www.facebook.com/moonbridge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete