Tuesday 8 July 2014

Wedding Anniversary

Today is my Wedding Anniversary - 14 years married and nearly 19 years together!

In those years, I have lived in Gibraltar, Southampton, Reading, Rotterdam, Twickenham, Kingston (U.K.) Watford, Hatfield, back to Rotterdam, and finally the Isle of Wight!

I also finished my degree, started work as a trainee accountant, then worked in HR, as a Procurement analyst, then re-trained as a maths teacher, became a mum to three wonderful children (hardest job ever), did bookkeeping for voluntary organisations, started teaching swimming, and then became an author...

All the places and jobs have molded me into the person I am today, but to be honest I still think I have so much to learn. I also look forward to watching my three lovely children become adults, and start another journey of their own.

Marriage or being in a relationship is not always easy, but when you overcome the hurdles you feel like you are on top of the world. Mutual respect, encouragement, patience, understanding, and ultimately love are the key ingredients. Nothing is ever sugar-coated all the time.

I look forward to continuing my journey with my family... and wonder what I will have to add in another ten years!

Have a fantastic day,
Vanessa :)

p.s. Look what I got...


6 comments:

  1. Have a lovely day. As you say - who knows? Bigger than J.K.Rowling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to think of something AMAZING to do that, Susan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Lovely flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly lovely post, Vanessa! So sorry I am late but I hope it was and always will be a very happy anniversary - this year and every year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS Your husband is very tall….and Dutch looking :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, what a gorgeous wedding anniversary it was. The wedding picture is cute. We also tied the knot 15 years ago and it was a simple church ceremony. Now we are planning to celebrate our upcoming anniversary in grand style at the most beautiful beachside event venue Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete